Swim: 1.3 miles (2280 yards)
Bike: 14.5 miles
Run: 18.06 miles
Walk: 1.5 miles
Spinning: 73.8 miles
Elliptical: 1 lonely mile
Core workouts: 2 - Planks for 2 min 30 seconds.
Rest days: 15
Races: NONE! Can you believe it?? I had the Tavern to Tavern 5K planned for the 28th, but it got rescheduled because of “Hurricane” Irene. It was held on Sept 4th, but I couldn’t make it, so I did my own virtual 5K.
The good: Discovered a new love for spinning.
The bad: Did not meet my Marathon Month run challenge goal. Getting more and more stressed out each day because the triathlon is coming up. Slightly nervous here.
Goals: Marathon Month Run Challenge. I challenged myself to run 26.2 miles in a month. I only ran 18.06. I will do another run challenge in October.
Races: MY TRIATHLON! It’s the Title 9 Women’s Only Sprint Triathlon. The one thing I’ve been training for since January. It’s kind of a big deal.
1. Complete my triathlon in 2:15 or less. In reality I think I can do it in under 2:30. Actually, I know I can. As long as I don’t have any major troubles and everything goes smoothly and as planned, I know I can finish in under 2:30. My goal is to finish under 2:15. I’m hoping the adrenaline of race day will help me surge through and meet my 2nd goal.
2. Relax and stop biting people’s heads off because they hand me a fork the wrong way. Not that it happened or anything, but you know, I’m kinda freaking out here. (Race day is in 4 days). I’m welcoming Stress Free September 12th.
3. Start running with a friend for motivation and to get my butt out of bed at 0-dark-thirty.
4. Join a run club. See what they can offer me as far as group workouts and learn from people who have been running for a long time. After all, even though I started out on the journey because of this triathlon, along the way I hopped on the crazy train and signed up for a half marathon. But I’m only half crazy.
5. Still need to step up the stretching!
What are your September goals?