Wednesday, September 7, 2011

August Totals and Recap


August totals
Swim: 1.3 miles (2280 yards)
Bike: 14.5 miles
Run: 18.06 miles
Walk: 1.5 miles
Spinning: 73.8 miles
Elliptical: 1 lonely mile
Core workouts: 2 - Planks for 2 min 30 seconds.
Rest days: 15

Races: NONE! Can you believe it?? I had the Tavern to Tavern 5K planned for the 28th, but it got rescheduled because of “Hurricane” Irene. It was held on Sept 4th, but I couldn’t make it, so I did my own virtual 5K.



The good: Discovered a new love for spinning.

The bad: Did not meet my Marathon Month run challenge goal. Getting more and more stressed out each day because the triathlon is coming up. Slightly nervous here.

Goals: Marathon Month Run Challenge. I challenged myself to run 26.2 miles in a month. I only ran 18.06. I will do another run challenge in October.


For September

Races: MY TRIATHLON! It’s the Title 9 Women’s Only Sprint Triathlon. The one thing I’ve been training for since January. It’s kind of a big deal.

Goals:

1. Complete my triathlon in 2:15 or less. In reality I think I can do it in under 2:30. Actually, I know I can. As long as I don’t have any major troubles and everything goes smoothly and as planned, I know I can finish in under 2:30. My goal is to finish under 2:15. I’m hoping the adrenaline of race day will help me surge through and meet my 2nd goal.

2. Relax and stop biting people’s heads off because they hand me a fork the wrong way. Not that it happened or anything, but you know, I’m kinda freaking out here. (Race day is in 4 days). I’m welcoming Stress Free September 12th.

3. Start running with a friend for motivation and to get my butt out of bed at 0-dark-thirty.

4. Join a run club. See what they can offer me as far as group workouts and learn from people who have been running for a long time. After all, even though I started out on the journey because of this triathlon, along the way I hopped on the crazy train and signed up for a half marathon. But I’m only half crazy.

5. Still need to step up the stretching!

What are your September goals?

1 comment:

  1. Half Crazy - I love it!

    I loved having a running buddy - it helped so much to do those 3 and 4 mile runs several times a week...and the running club? Priceless, for all the reasons you mentioned and more, which you will discover when you join one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...