Thursday, October 6, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I started my half marathon training this week. I started on Monday with Yoga Mondays. It’s a new thing. I already love it. It’s really going to help me with stretching and feeling relaxed after trying to run all week! I’ve already done two runs and I didn’t do as bad as I thought I would after 23 days off from running. The first run was inside on the treadmill because it was raining after work. I almost skipped it and changed it to a Wed, Fri, Sun run schedule instead of Tues, Thurs, Sat, but I had plans on Wed night and I knew I’d be getting home late and I wouldn’t want to attempt a run then. So I did it. And I’m glad I did because it was the FIRST day of the plan. How much of a loser would I have been to slack of on the first day of my training plan? Geez?

2. I’m addicted to popcorn. After a fitblog chat on twitter a few weeks ago @Boston2Berkeley mentioned eating popcorn with chopsticks. I haven’t eaten popcorn without them since then. It’s fun. Seriously, try it! She also mentioned putting truffle salt on her popcorn. Me, when I think of truffles, I think chocolate. I jumped on that. Turns out, she meant mushrooms. Gross x100. Instead I seasoned mine with garlic and chili powder, with a dash of parm cheese. Holy popcorn magic. Again I stress: Seriously, try it!

I really love chopsticks though, so it was an easy sell.
3. My run was cold tonight. It was only about 55 degrees. Not freezing, but chilly. It actually hurt to breathe while running. Temps are dropping drastically tonight and I can only imagine how much colder it will be during training runs. I’ve never run in cold weather before. While I was training for my triathlon, I did everything on the treadmill until it got to spring and summer. But I can’t do that this time. I need the training on the outside, at least once a week because the half marathon isn’t going to be on a treadmill. I wonder how hard it will be to race 13.1 miles in warm weather in Florida in February after training in winter temps in Massachusetts. Any ideas on how to deal with this?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...